M60A3 TANK (S/N: 4074A) – Our Newest Permanent Display!
- designed to function as a main assault vehicle
- 750 bhp, air-cooled, V-12 diesel engine, 24-volt electrical system, hydraulic brakes
- Weight approx. 57.3 tons (combat loaded)
- Length approx. 31 feet
- Width approx. 11.5 feet
- Height approx. 11.5 feet (ground clearance 18”)
- Maximum allowable speed 30 mph, cross country speed 10-12 mpg, range 280-310 miles, capable of climbing 60% grade
- 105mm gun (63 rounds), 7.62mm machine gun (600 rounds), Cal 50 machine gun (900 rounds), Cal 45 submachine gun (360 rounds), fire control using laser rangefinder, thermal gunner’s sight, solid state computer, stabilized for firing while motion
- 1960 to 1983
*Information sourced from U.S. Army Donations Program Office
NOTE: A big THANK YOU to Board Member John Knoop, Northeast Precast, and Garton’s Rigging crew who did an Amazing job with the Tank delivery!